CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

9 months old!

I can hardly believe it- my beautiful baby boy is 9 months old!  The next time I take him to the doctor, he'll be one year old, and I don't think I'm ready for that....

I took him to the doctor last month, and his current stats are:
Weight: 23 pounds, 9 oz.  (90+%)
Height: 29 in (75%)

So yes, he is still very big for his age, but he's actually only gained 3 pounds in the last 5 months, where as in the first 4 months of life, he gained 12 pounds (3 pounds per month!)  He was storing up for the winter, I guess.

Current obsessions:
*Solid foods- anything and everything he can get his hands on (or that I let him get his hands on)
*His thumb- can't get enough of it.  Prefers it when he's tired, sad, or any other time.
*Scooting around the room- he does not crawl yet, but can circle around on his bottom or tummy (I'm not too sad that he isn't crawling yet.  He can't get into very much right now, he's always in the same area that I leave him, and he still seems more like a baby!)
*Making a weird chuckle- the nurse at the pediatrician's office described the sound as "a chipmunk" laugh.  Very cute, but very strange, and he makes it constantly.
*Clapping his hands- when he gets excited, he'll clap his hands together and smile ear to ear.  He does this when we prompt him with a "Yea Mitchell!"
*Laughing/smiling whenever one of us signs "Dad" in sign language.  He loves that!
*Being held.  This is the stage of stranger anxiety and separation anxiety and luckily, he really has no stranger anxiety (he really does seem to love everyone), but he does cry often when I leave the room or put him down.  Kind of frustrating sometimes when I'm busy, but mostly just very sweet.  I wish I could hold him all day.
*Watching his sister be silly.  Chloe can get Mitchell to laugh like nobody else.  Sometimes she isn't even trying to make him laugh, but he watches her every move and finds her to be hilarious!

We took some 9 month pictures of him.  Here are some of our favorites of our little Mitch Bob:












This last one depicts Mitchell the best- always has a thumb in his mouth!

6 comments:

Van said...

He is a beautiful baby boy! He really reminds me of Ben in these pictures (thumb sucking and all). Hard to belive it has already been nine months since he was born - just prooves that time speeds up as soon as you are not pregnant!

Amanda said...

I can't believe how old he is already. I think Carter may not be very far behind him in weight and height. I love his pictures. I need you to come down and take some of Carter. No thanks to the lady at JCPenny. How did you get the little bubble thing around the one of him? I really like that one............

Tammy said...

What a cutie! I love the picture of him with his thumb in his mouth!

The Moore Family said...

Man! You guys have been party animals lately!!! I started laughing so hard when you mentiong "Cool Runnings" with your bobsled adventure!! That show is such a classic! I can't believe that Mitchell is already 9 months old!! Time flies...... Well, I'm glad you guys have been having fun and seeing family! I got to see your dad a few weeks ago at my parents, it was fun to shoot the breeze with Uncle Bob for a few minutes! By the way, when you guys own your own plane someday I definitely want to be a passenger!! That would make seeing each other a little easier!! Have a good one!

The Blakeslee Family said...

I loved all the pictures--Mitchell, Chloe fishing, vacation, etc, etc. You do have beautiful children. And you and Ben aren't so bad either.
Mitchell still looks different every time I see a new picture. Can't wait to see all of you in a month!

Camille said...

Love the pictures! He's such a fun little guy!