CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009, Andros Style

Well, this was our first Christmas to stay home since we've been married and we loved it! We had such a great time with our little family (well, not super little- there was 6 of us!) We were excited to start our own traditions.

Christmas Eve was spent doing a little shopping. Yes, shopping. As Ben pointed out, he can understand why some people shop on Christmas Eve- it was his first day off from work, like many people, and he still needed to get a few things!

We made treats, watched movies, and ate cheese, crackers and sausage. If any of you know Ben, his the "cheese, crackers and sausage guy" for the holidays. It wouldn't be Christmas without them. Good thing my kids are cheese lovers like their daddy.

Christmas Eve in their jammies

After the babies were in bed, we made sugar cookies.

Chloe and Mitchell got to frost and decorate the ones for Santa.

With their plate of cookies, glass of milk and note for Santa

Chloe dictated the note for Santa...

Up to bed to read "The Night Before Christmas."

Here are all of the stocking hung from the bookshelf with care (too many small kids to put the stockings over the fireplace where they can be pulled down....) I love seeing this many stockings and this many names at our house!

Christmas morning was so much fun. As a kid, I never thought that I would have more fun watching my own kids open their gifts than opening tons of my own, but it has happened. I really would not have cared if there was nothing for me under the tree. We had such a great time watching the kids get so excited about everything.




Leah

Alexis

I got one of both of them smiling together!
These little Christmas angels made the day so fun. And they were angels every single minute. That was their Christmas gift to us. They didn't make a peep all day.


If they weren't doing this...

or this...

They were just sitting peacefully and quietly being happy. It was wonderful. They were so much fun.

Mitch loved his bike. He had to watch all summer long as Chloe rode her bike around. He now has one and he was so excited. He kept saying, "My bike! My bike!"

On his first ride outside, he kept saying "Vroom! Vroom!" Even though his little 2 year old legs can't quite reach the pedals yet, he didn't even care. He sat and walked that little bike all over our cul-da-sac. Maybe this summer his feet will reach!!

Chloe loved the tea set Santa brought. She and Mitchell had a very nice tea party, complete with all the play food they got from Mom and Dad.

The babies got a very cool wagon, and of course Chloe and Mitchell LOVED it. Ben took them all for a stroll in the house and everyone loved it. It calmed fussy Leah right down. We can't wait to get lots of use out of this wagon- it holds 200 pounds, so all of the kids can pile in there easily.

Ben and I got the kids some underoos for Christmas, reminiscent for Ben of his childhood underoos. He was almost more excited than the kids. Chloe refused to even put them on for quite some time, thinking they were "dumb." But we somehow talked her into trying them on and she was hooked. They ran around in them all day. Super Girl and Spiderman to the rescue!

The gang on Christmas Day!

6 comments:

Brunson's said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas. Your kids are so cute and the twins are getting big fast. Next year we are going to stay home for at least Christmas morning. We traveled and so did all the santa. It was a pain, but your blog convinced me we are staying home. Take Care!

Amanda said...

When I look at the pictures of the babies I am even more convinced that you should give one to me. They are so cute and seem like the perfect babies! Thanks for posting the pics of Christmas. I'm sad we didn't get to see you but I am glad you enjoyed yourselves.

Stephanie said...

I can't believe your stockings, it seems like yesterday you guys were a family of 3!!

I love the wagon. That is one thing my kids got when they were little and everyone still plays in it today (even my 11 year olds at time).

Happy New Year!

Foust Family said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great Christmas! It looks like a lot fun! It's always fun to start your own traditions! You have a SUPER cute family!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Blakeslee Family said...

I love the pictures. We missed you but it so nice that you can have a wonderful Christmas at home without all the travel worry.
The babies have grown so much--can't wait to see them smiling in person!