CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas Break

We had such a wonderful Christmas break. The day after Christmas, we packed up and left to go to Idaho. It was hard to leave our gifts and treats at home, and no fun packing for a long drive the day after Christmas, but it was so worth it.

We arrived at my parent's house Tuesday evening just in time to eat dinner. After eating, we had Christmas, part 2. The kids opened gifts from just about everyone, we opened our gifts from my parents, and my parents opened their gifts from us.

Grandma Dewsnup had late birthday gifts for the twins to open- aren't those little crocheted hats adorable? They especially loved the box of Mike & Ikes to share. Classic pic of my twins- Lexi cheesing it up, Leah crying.

Aunt Amanda had darling little purses waiting for the girls. They loved them and use them at home as little diaper bags for their baby dolls.

Papa and Grandma gave them little puppies that sing and talk. They were a hit as well. The puppy sings some of the twins' favorite songs, like "The ABC song" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider."

Ben and I got some great gifts from my parents, but nothing compared to the surprise gift my sister Amanda pulled out for me- a collectible figurine of 2 women with turquoise dresses, big hats and purses. The bottom had this saying:

"A sister is more than a wonderful friend."

This figurine depicted me and my sister perfectly- right down to the long, old fashioned dresses and wide brimmed hats (ha ha). I now have the privilege of finding just the right spot to display this priceless gift. Thanks Amanda! :)

Grandma and Papa definitely spoiled our kids! Everyone got things they have always wanted.

We had such fun week. We had no where to go and no plans, which was super relaxing. I rarely got out of my sweats, much to the displeasure of my husband. I wear "lounge wear" a lot at home if I don't leave the house, and Ben noticed an increase in this over Christmas break. Good thing I rock out a pair of sweat pants! :) Ahh, he knows it and loves it!

While we adults played a lot of board games and watched a lot of movies, the kids, and especially the 3 little boys, played lots of Mario Kart. They all thought they won every game, but sadly came in 12th (last), 11th and 10th place almost every time.

They also spent some time playing on the 2 iPads we had floating around. Amazing that a 3 and 4 year old can operate an electronic device of this nature almost flawlessly. Maybe it's equivalent to a pioneer boy being able to hitch up a team of oxen by himself? :)

I was so excited to get some snuggle time with my sweet little nephew Jackson. I have only met him once and didn't get to spent much time with him, so I loved every minute of holding and playing with this little angel.

I even got a smile out of him here!

Chloe was also quite smitten with Jax. She wanted to hold him often.

She was especially happy to get to feed him one day. The twins were fascinated with him too, but I never got a picture of them with him. They are really in to babies right now.

Oh, he is a sweet baby.

Leah stayed true to her new behavior- she became almost instantly obsessed with Uncle Neil. She needed one day to warm up to him, then almost wouldn't leave him alone.

When she got hurt one day, she wanted him to comfort her over me. She wanted Neil to get her food, hold her and play with her.

It was super cute. Lexi, out of character, wanted nothing to do with hardly anyone this trip except a few people. She was pretty cranky and not acting herself at all.

Grandma D. won her over with yummy snacks. Grandma always has been good with the treats- she pulls them out of no where, and they are endless! That's what I love about my Grandma!

Aunt Catherine took the kids on lots of 4 wheeler rides.

Hang on, Mitch!

It was cold in Idaho, but dry, which allowed the kids to play outside. And they did- a LOT.

Mitch loved playing with my parent's dog Jimmer (and the neighbor dog that was over all the time).

And as I've learned from the past, Mitch is happy with a mound of dirt. He and the dogs had a good ol' time outside on that dirt mound.

Mitch would throw something, and the dogs would go chase it.

Every time we go to my parents house, we can't help but covet their yard. My kids love being outside and really thrive on having lots of outdoor space to run around on. Even in the dead of winter, my children will spend hours outside and love it.

A fun Burley tradition is feeding my parents' neighbors horses. My kids never tire of that.


The kids put on a musical performance one day. Chloe played a piano solo.

Then my very talented nephew and niece sang a beautiful Christmas song, accompanied by their mom. Very impressive to hear a 10 year old and a 7 year old sing parts, be in tune, and have a song that long memorized. It was awesome.


One night we went and saw a light show that was synchronized with Christmas music playing on the radio. Mitch, Grandma and Chloe quite enjoyed it.

We got Blakeslee family pictures while we were home, as all of the family was there- all 19 of us.

Grandma & Papa and all the Blakeslee grandkids (almost half of them are mine!)


The week went much too fast. The night before we left, a big wind storm hit and we woke up to snow the next morning. Mitch and Chloe excitedly put on their coats and snow boots and played in the snow while we packed up. Mitch had fun playing with Papa, too.

We stopped in Tri-Cities on Saturday night to break up the trip. It was fun being with all the Andros grandkids on New Years Eve. All 11 of them together: Two 7 year olds, a 5 year old, two 4 year olds, a 3 year old, four two year olds and the sweetest 10 month old baby.


Feeding time at the zoo

The peanut gallery

Baby Preston and Aunt Bethany

The first two Andros grandkids


The break went way too fast and we had some wonderful, quality family time. As a mom, Christmas is a lot of work to put on and can be hectic and stressful at times, but it is always worth every effort in the end, and it always goes by way too fast. I'm always ready to put the tree and all the decorations away after New Year's Day, but it is always a little bit sad that each year keeps passing by more quickly.

Happy New Year!


2 comments:

The Blakeslee Family said...

As usual, I look awesome in all the pics. I wish I looked as good as you in sweats. And did you know that you got a picture of Jimmer peeing? Extra special. We had a wonderful time with everyone here. I'm still finding hidden treasures--socks, candy, toys, crumbs,books. If you're missing something it's probably here. Love you all.

Amanda said...

What a great week. Hopefully April will hurry up and get here. I just hope that my snuggle bunny Lexi is back and willing to snuggle. I missed that on this visit....:)