CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

What a wonderful Mother's Day it has been.  


 Here are the 4 sweet little people that make this day possible, and make my life so enriched.  (Soon to be 5 little people!  Hurry up September!)

I did have to speak today at church- it was not my most favorite Mother's Day gift ever (woman should really not be asked to speak on Mother's Day), but I survived!  And my week truly was more uplifting as I prepared my remarks on a thought provoking subject: "How to Pray: not my will, but Thine be done."  But my day was much better the minute that talk was over! :)

My sweet baby girls got sick this weekend and Ben stayed home from church with them.  They were very confused as to why they had to stay home, as they felt fine, but they were still a little contagious.


I got to come home and spend time with these fun people.



Ben, the grill master, made a most delicious dinner.  Tri tip steak, mashed potatoes, salad and green beans.  Oh man, was that steak good. 


Later in the afternoon, Chloe enlisted Ben's help to make snickerdoodle cookies for me.  Again, oh so good!

Ben got me a new lens for our camera and had fun trying it out.

My favorite part of the day was reading the notes the big kids made me at church during Primary.  Mitchell's cracked me up, especially his answer to "My mom spends most of her day:"  He put "A nap."  And I'm really glad to know that the best thing I cook is Top Ramen. 

Chloe's was very sweet.  She hit the nail on the head when she answered "My mom is happiest when: We listen."  She's right!


I have had the most wonderful example of being a mom from my own dear mother.  She really is an angel and the most perfect Grandma.  My kids adore her and I adore her.  What a wonderful woman and friend she is.  She is always willing to help me and my family, even from far away.  She remembers every special occasion and holiday in my little family and loves to spend special notes and treats to all of us.  She knows just how to brighten our day.  She is always happy to chit chat on the phone and we can talk for hours.  I love knowing she is just a phone call away and that she always has time for me.

I am also extremely blessed to have the best mother-in-law.  I have a fantastic relationship with my in-laws and I am forever grateful for that.  Vanessa is the sweetest, kindest woman and a true example of service and love.  Being in her presence makes me happy and I am so blessed that my children have a grandmother like her.  I consider her my second mother and a true friend.

Happy Mother's Day! 


2 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Happy Mother's Day!

The Blakeslee Family said...

Glad you're feeling better. Seeing all that good food made me want to break my diet! Happy Mother's Day to you!