CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2014

Idaho, Part 2

We had a fun week and a half back at my parent's house.  For the first 4 days, it was just me and my sisters and our 7 kids, with my parents.

My kids and I and my mom went into the local Storybook Park in Burley one day.  We go to this park every summer when we visit.

The park had a little program going that morning with 4 different stations of crafts, games, stories and a science experiment.  They also served a free lunch in the park, which we ate on the grass.

The kids were super excited to play on the toys afterwards for a bit.

Livy loves the sun and Grandma- a perfect combo!

A swing big enough for 2 four year olds!



The rest of that week was full of cousin times and lots and lots of playing outside.

Ice cream cones on the trampoline!

My kids were obsessed with the trampoline- they always have been.  They spent hours jumping.

Chloe loved taking Olivia on the trampoline for a few minutes at a time.

Olivia thought it was pretty fun too!  She'd go to the end of the world with Chloe.

Liv is eating lots more solids these days- she tried spaghetti for the first time at my mom's.  It was safe to say she loved it.  It is also safe to say that it was a HUGE mess.  


The kids loved all taking a turn helping Papa mow his big ol' lawn.



My dad keeps a meticulous, beautiful lawn.  We love being able to come and enjoy it each visit.

There were lots of four wheeler rides, too.  Chloe got to drive it by herself for the first time this summer.

Mitch and Jax are quite the pair.  Jax loves Mitch and Mitch loves having a little boy who adores him.  Jax started calling him "Mickle Pickle" this trip and it was hilarious.  


We roasted hot dogs and s'mores one night in the backyard.  It's a high light for my kids.

Outdoors is the perfect place to feed a baby- all the food she threw on the ground was easy cleanup! :)

These two knuckleheads are so funny together.  Notice Mitchell covered in marshmallows.  S'mores for the win.

My parents had a garage sale while we were there.  Chloe was in heaven helping my mom run the money station.

Livy was for sale for a few minutes.  $5 is a bargain for that beautiful girl!

Jax is not super fond of babies.  Being around Olivia for 2 full weeks, he had lots of time to get used to a  baby.  After seeing all of the other kids wanting to be around her and helping her, he warmed up quite a bit and would even get close to her.  He was interested this day in helping to feed her.  His favorite thing to say to her was, "Olivia... BOOBIES!"  It would always produce a smile from Livy and Jax loved that.

This boy- I could seriously take him home with me.  He is such a sweetheart and my kids are smitten by him.  His trick for the week was escaping outside and sneaking into the pool, fully clothed. 


Great Grandma D. showed up at the end of the first week.  She is such a wonderful lady.

The kids love having her around.



Ben flew in late Saturday night, after the kids and I had been there for a full week.  It was so good to see him!  He was sporting a new haircut- buzzed all over.  It was time to embrace the baldness!  It took me a few weeks to get used to, as it was such a change, but he rocks it!

There was lots more baseball to be played.  

Mitch was in heaven!



My older brother Matt and his family showed up Sunday afternoon for a few days.  Livy and Devin, who are just 3 weeks apart, had fun playing together.  Kind of too bad when your boy cousin has 4 times more hair than you.  :) Livy handled it well.

With more cousins in town, it was time to rest up for some fun outings planned.  (Found these two buddies sharing a pillow one night in their bed.)

More fun to come!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I need some of your pictures! I never remember to take pictures. Jax and carter sure miss Mickle Pickle and use his sayings all the time. As soon as you move back to utah we can have weeks like this all the time:)

Johnsons said...

Love the buzz cut. We to recently accepted the baldness and buzzed it.