CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 5, 2015

Jocelyn Elizabeth's Blessing Day

My parents and grandmother's were in town for a very special event- Jocie's blessing day!  

Being the 5th girl means we have 4 other blessing dresses in our house.  I knew it would be easy enough to order a 5th one, but I got the idea one day to have her use my blessing dress.  Jocie and I were born just 8 calendar days apart and ended up getting blessed just 4 days apart, just a 31 year difference.  So using my blessing dress seemed perfect.

June 7th was the big day.  With 9:00 church we had to get up and get moving early enough to leave time before church to get pictures.

Upon request, my mom texted me some throwback pictures before she came of me on my blessing day.



Carrie Jane: June 3, 1984


Me with my siblings Amanda and Matt

My beautiful mother!

Our whole family plus both of my grandma's- a fun picture as they were both in attendance for Jocie's blessing today.

A side by side comparison.  Who wore it best?
My dress is still in mint condition.  I machine washed it just to freshen it up a little and any slight yellowing that was present in the dress came right out.




It was extra special having my Grandma Dewsnup there because she was the lady that made this dress with her own two hands.  The dress, the bonnet and even the darling little booties.

The 6 best kids I know!  The best thing is knowing that the 5 older ones absolutely adore baby J.  She is so loved.




Olivia needed a picture with her BFF, Grandma.

No babies were harmed in the taking of this photo (really).  Can't wait for these two to recreate some hilarious photos later on in life.

The best dad to have 5 girls!  He rocks it.

4 generations! (Maxi dresses for the win!)

4 generations again!

I love this little bug!  Being a mom can be so challenging some days.  But I find that whenever I'm frustrated or cranky, a quick snuggle with her and inhaling her sweetness is all I need to remind me that though it may be the toughest job, motherhood is the BEST job and there is nothing else I'd rather be doing with my time.  

Team Andros

Nana and Papa were also there with Jocie on her special day, along with all 5 of Ben's siblings and their families and Ben's maternal grandparents.

Jocie's blessing was sweet and spiritual.  Given by her dad, Jocelyn was blessed with many wonderful things, one of which was the ability to seek righteousness by walking by faith.  She was also blessed to have strength to stand strong in her testimony, which is ever important in this wicked world and will become ever more important as sin becomes more and more commonplace in the years to come.  I know that I have to have faith raising children in this world.  Without faith and my own testimony, I would be overruled by fear in this sinful world.



After church, Grandma showed Mitchell how to play "Peter, Peter Pumpkin Eater" on the piano.  Mitch loves to play that song over and over and over again. :)  Thanks Mom, I owe you one.

Grandma also made Chloe's whole day by accompanying her on the piano for a recorder duet. 


We had a family dinner with all of my family that was in town and all of Ben's family that lives in the area.  We had grand plans of eating outside, but the over 100 degree day was not ideal for that.  The tables and chairs we set up outside did not get used.  All of the adults stayed inside in the air conditioning (bless America for AC), and the kids came and went outside as they could stand it.

The 3 Muskateers, as they call themselves.


Monday morning came and it was time for my family to head back home.  Papa grabbed a quick picture with 3 of his girls.

Livy loves Papa, from a distance.  She was a tease to him all weekend saying she wanted him but then would only wave or talk to him across the room.  I told her to go give him a hug as they were leaving and she sweetly did, but his request for a snuggle and a picture were too much for her.

It was crazy hair at school and Mitch was more than excited to participate.  I wish I could say that it took lots of coaxing for this hairstyle, but it was actually his idea.  This young man has 5 sisters.  Enough said.  This hairstyle also pushed our hand to get that kid a haircut on the double.



Just a few days after Jocie's blessing, Aunt Megan took these beautiful shots of her in her blessing dress.



It was a wonderful weekend celebrating a beautiful baby.  She has the sweetest presence in our home and we are so grateful that we get to be apart of her earthly journey.  Happy life to you, sweet Jocelyn Elizabeth Andros.

0 comments: