CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 2, 2015

Trip to Grandma and Papa's!

After our Utah cousins had to leave, the fun for Chloe and Mitchell did not stop there.  My parents invited them to come and stay for 2 weeks with them at their house in Burley.  Chloe and Mitchell were so excited.  We had never been away from the two of them together for that long.  It was very strange having them gone but I knew they were having a great time and I was very glad they got to do something so special.

Mitch and Chloe hitched a ride home with my sisters and they drove back to Utah.  Amanda snapped this picture of Mitchell and Carter on the drive- Carter with his head on Mitchell's shoulder.  They have always had a close relationship and the miles we live apart have not hindered that.

Chloe was thrilled to get lots of Grandma's undivided attention.  She and my mom are best buddies.  She was very excited to get to do a sewing project with Grandma, since her lame mom doesn't sew.


My mom helped her make her first quilt.  She made it for her American Girl doll.


Chloe also hand stitched her doll's name on it.

The quilt turned out adorable and  Chloe was so excited.  I was glad for her to learn the skill.  Isn't that what mom's are for?  To teach your children things you can't do? :)  It's what wonderful Grandma's do, that's for sure.

Jocie and Saige sure enjoyed the quilt when Chloe got home.  (Which is the real baby?)

  

Carter got to come up and spend a few days with them too.  They went to Lake Walcott more than once and spent hours and hours playing in the water.


When my parents texted me these pictures, it made me miss my two big kids a lot, but I was even more glad to see them having such a great time.



How did we ever live without selfies??



My parents had a garage sale at their house one day and the kids were all over helping out with it.  This kind of stuff is what Chloe lives for!  She and the other kids set up a snack stand and they were thrilled to make a few dollars.

Ever had an "odder" pop?  I hear they are oddly delicious. :)
CMC stood for Chloe, Mitchell, Carter.



My mom took Chloe to Oakley, Idaho- a historic town not far from Burley.  It is less than 5 square miles and it's population is just under 800 people.  It is home to quite a few past famous people and has lots of history and charm.  Mom and Chloe toured a few of it's old, historic houses.


I love old homes and was jealous I was not there with them!

Not pictured was all of the manly stuff that Mitch got to do with Papa- he was his right hand man and helped with all the yard work and garden work.

The kids had a fabulous two weeks and for once I'm not sure that either of them missed us while we all were apart.  I was so glad we were able to make this trip happen.  Chloe and Mitchell do so much to help around our home and in our family and we were happy for them to have this special trip.

0 comments: