CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Here Comes Trouble!

My baby is becoming very mobile and trouble has started brewing in our house as a result......

It all started with some delayed crawling.  The trouble is, I now can no longer leave a room and come back and find him in the exact same spot.  (That was fun while it lasted).

The crawling gave him the confidence to try kneeling, which allows him to enjoy more toys.

The other trouble with crawling is that it has allowed him more freedom to explore the house, which includes the kitchen!  He loves my cupboards and is thinking about throwing a Tupperware Party soon.

Chloe, at this same age, would empty my tupperware out almost every day.

The kneeling led to pulling himself up to stand, which, lucky for me, took longer than I thought it would (he's been much slower at milestones than Chloe).  This was just delayed trouble.  He loves my utensil/miscellaneous drawer as well.


Lots of messes, but it does keep him entertained!

Chloe also loved this same kitchen drawer at the same age too.  

Feeding himself is so cute......
Until THIS happens........ trouble, trouble, trouble.


He loves playing with Chloe now, which is so cute and fun for me to watch.

He's becoming quite the pretend chef too.  He makes a mean plastic waffle.

The trouble is- I now have two little people that can completely tear apart a room in 5 minutes flat.  And by the end of the day, it's not just one room, but 3 or 4.  That's called double trouble.

And with the pictures above of feeding himself lead to this trouble...... food and mess all over my floor.  I know this is disgusting, but this is what I swept up off my kitchen floor last night.  And this is just 2 days accumulation!  I need to sweep everyday to prevent my floor from looking like the city dump.  Regardless of how long its been since I swept last, all of us are constantly walking around with little (or big) crummies stuck to the bottom of our feet, which is so annoying.  And the crummies conveniently come right off your feet when you step on the carpet, leaving my family room looking like a well littered beach.  Luckily I love vacuuming, which I now need to do 3-4 times a week as well.  Of course in my often delayed efforts to sweep and vacuum, Mitchell crawls around and enjoys a nice snack off the floor or carpet in between meals.  Waste not, want not, right?  Trouble.......

I didn't have a picture of Mitchell, but here is Chloe at the same age right after a meal- food all over the floor.  

But how can anyone be too much trouble when they are doing this in between all the trouble making?

7 comments:

Megan said...

what a sweet little guy!!! double trouble is harder and now i'm in for tripl trouble in a while...what's a girl to do?
ENJOY the SWEET moments.
p.s. i usually vacuum daily, due to the crumbs and have started vacuuming the tile and the carpet, i just vacuum the WHOLE downstairs. it saves me time--i think and I HATE dustpans...

TaylorClan said...

Every time I sweep (which is becoming a daily even-unfortunately) I have a huge pile like yours, and I wish and hope and dream of a central vac system like mom's.

Mitchell is so cute, and when I see pics of Chloe that age, it really shows that despite the red hair, they look so much different! Mitch is like mini Benj:)

Amanda said...

Wow-Mitchell isn't a baby anymore! And he has lots more hair since the last time I saw him. Kind of like an old man haircut! What cute pics of him and Chloe playing together.
I just keep telling myself that Carter will be different-and that he won't make messes.........ha ha, who am I kidding.
PS-my floor looks similar to yours and it's only Neil and I.

The Moore Family said...

Cute photos! I love seeing the one's of Chloe when she was little! She is so grown up now! It is so funny because we wait and wait for them to crawl or walk, then they do it and are into everything......makes you wonder why you want them to be mobile so fast...? Good luck with your double trouble! (I must add that your little double troublers are very cute!)

Camille said...

Oh man, this just makes me tired, This age is so busy and physically exhausting, but the cuddles and devotion to mommy make it all worth it in the end, right?

The Blakeslee Family said...

I can't believe how Mitchell has changed in just a month. Don't let him grow up too much before we see him again. Maybe he can help me cook at Thanksgiving--or at least clean the kitchen floor.
Although I miss all of you, it is nice to not need to sweep/vacuum every day.

TheFlammfam said...

I like the difference between the two floors. The tile looks great. Who ever did that tile work did an excellent job.