CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Snack Time

As I mentioned in a previous post, our kitchen floor is almost constantly covered in food, mostly because of the large amounts of food Mitchell throws/drops during meals, and some to the crumbs and spills of Chloe.  One of Mitchell's favorite things to do now that he is a crawling, mobile baby is to crawl into the kitchen when he is hungry and help himself to a "snack" on the floor.  (Gross, I know, but I can't prevent it all the time).

Today, he was being quiet and I couldn't see him and asked Chloe to check on him.  She peaked into the kitchen and reported, "Mom, he's just eating an apple on the floor."  This is the apple that Chloe ate at least a day ago, if not more, that naturally ended up on the floor.  I came into investigate and found this:

Apparently, eating this snack was exhausting and he needed to rest while doing it.

Even after running to get the camera and having a good laughing at him, he still just laid under his high chair for quite some time, quietly gnawing on his apple.

He is my snuggle baby and will crawl around the house and if he finds me sitting on the floor, he will crawl over and lay his head down in my lap and snuggle with me.  I've noticed lately that he now will just randomly lay down on the kitchen floor as well, as he demonstrates here.

Our kids teach us many new things, some that we have never thought of before.  Today's Tip:

If anyone is looking for a new way to spice up your snack time or a midnight snack attack, I suggest enjoying it belly down on your kitchen floor.  If you're looking to curb your appetite and cut back on snacks, this approach may be what you're looking for.  I'm guessing that eating on your tummy will decrease your appetite for a number of reasons: 1) You'll see how gross your floor looks up close (especially if it's been awhile since a sweep or mop job), which will disgust you and ruin your appetite. 2) With your belly being smashed, you'll have less room and desire to fill it up or stuff yourself, thus leading to less chance of overeating.  3) Once you get down on the floor, you'll realize how hard (and perhaps painful) it is to get back up, which will decrease your chances of continuously getting up to get more snacks.

As an added bonus, chances are that while you're down flat munching away, you'll find a special treat to enjoy for tomorrow's snack time.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey I need a human vacuum. Send him to my house. What cute pictures of him. Was that his first taste of an apple? Maybe he thought he was hiding from you. How funny

TaylorClan said...

I try NEVER to get that close to my kitchen floor-william does, however, find many a treat. I found him the other day in my living room eating an apple slice from the day before, that he had thrown into the living room from the kitchen-now that was special...

p.s. I know you have posted pics of your kitchen floor before, but I do really like how the tile turned out!