CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 19, 2008

December Delights

Happy December!  This is my favorite month of the year, and like always, it has gone by way too fast.  Here are some of our pre-Christmas activities.

At the beginning of December we had our Ward Christmas Party, and of course, Santa was there!

Mitchell had no problem with him and plopped right down on his lap and quickly asked for a third thumb to suck on, for variety.  Chloe wanted nothing to do with him and her feet became instantly glued to the floor when it was her turn in line. 

She wouldn't sit on Santa's lap, but she happily agreed to sing in the children's choir for the program.... Which seems less scary and more fun?  Asking a jolly  man for free presents, or getting up in front of lots of people and singing, getting nothing?  Go figure.....

On our way back home, we stopped to see Santa again at our local community center and the only way Chloe would get near the Big Man was with us..... the umbrella she is asking for this year may not make it to our house if she won't even look at him.  (I guess I should be glad she is only asking for an umbrella- a few kids in front of us were asking for iPods, cell phones and laptops.)


In our holiday shopping, we went to Ikea and Mitch shared a frozen yogurt with me.

He quickly learned how to stick out his tongue and lick the tasty treat, but then couldn't keep his tongue in his mouth for the rest of the day (see below).

Ben has been dying to buy the kids matching long underwear and he did it this year!  (They come complete with trap doors in the back).

There's the tongue.......



Like most the country, we have received our fair share of cold weather this last week.  We have all been enjoying the snow.



Cold weather cheeks!

For FHE one night, Chloe "played" us all some Christmas songs on the piano and even sang too. 


Sledding down our drive way (the only time it's GOOD to have a sloped driveway.....)


Mitch even joined in on the snow fun.  I somehow squeezed him into his 3-6 month snow suit from last winter. 

Here he is in it last year.  The suit was much bigger then (or was he a lot smaller then?  Only a few pounds smaller, actually).

Then off we headed to go sledding!



It was snowing really hard yesterday and with the remaining daylight, we headed over to the local elementary school to sled down a small hill.

Chloe & Ben at the top of the hill.


Chloe, our little outdoors girl, who cannot feel the cold, LOVED this activity.


Chloe with the Christmas Tree she made at preschool- the entire thing is made out of candy and sugary treats.

Happy December to all!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I LOVE the pictures of Chloe and Mitch in their long underwear!! The only thing that could have made it better was if you and Ben had been in them as well....I know they make them in your size...
Mitch may hate you for posting that picture of him in his way to small snowsuit, but I am glad that my 9$ LL Bean Deal of the Day is really being used to the full extent.
I wish I were like Chloe and couldn't feel cold; I feel it way too much!
Merry Christmas-Give Chloe and Mitch a kiss for me!

Amanda said...

OH yea-Love the pic at the top of your blog. It turned out really cute. Must of had a great photographer!

And guess who showed up at our Christmas party-The Grinch. I was really hoping for Santa so we could get a picture but now I will have to drag Neil and Carter to the mall for a quick pic with Santa

Foust Family said...

Looks like you have been having lots of fun!! I love the long underwear, too!! I am glad you are enjoying the season and hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

The Moore Family said...

Hey! I love December as well...to bad it is the month that goes by the fastest and you feel like you aren't getting everything done! I'm trying to learn to just sit back and enjoy it a little more. I loved all the pictures!! I read Amanda's comment and agree..next year I better see you and Ben in in some long underwear!!
Today I got your Christmas card...I've bee waiting by the mailbox for it everyday!! For reals, I always look forward to it!! Aaron is Young Men's president too! What great stallwert (spelling??way off!) men we married!! And I'm a little bitter right now because Aaron will be in Vegas tomorrow for the BYU game! Anyays this comment is way to long. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!!

Tara said...

Love the long underwear! So cute.