CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"I Wanna Quit the Gym"


Today, in a valiant effort to stay in shape this year (Looking Fine in '09, as we've been calling it), Ben and I joined a local gym.  We had gym memberships right after we were married and kept them for a year or two, then quit.  Now, with 2 kids and what feels like no time to work out without waking up at the crack of dawn or without kids crawling all over us when we work out, we wondered how we ever quit the gym!  What a nice place to exercise, ALONE, and get a decent workout.  So, putting a good foot forward, we signed our lives away and joined the gym.  We got a great rate (unbeatable, really) with childcare included, so we're off to the gym.  Wish us luck.  We both couldn't help but think of the "Friends" episode where Chandler wants to quit the gym.  When things get tough and we want to quit the gym, we'll remember that episode.....

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I most certainly remember that episode! Yea for a gym membership. Now you'll always look better than me! And yea for childcare. My gym has that but I haven't used it yet since Carter is still content to sit in his carseat and sleep. I know that day will SOON be over. How far away is your gym from your house?
If you moved closer we could be workout buddies.......

Brunson's said...

Sounds like something Jaman and I need to do. You look awesome though so don't' be thinkin you have that much to lose. Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Clint and Meg said...

I love friends! I don't even need to watch the clip to know that soon comes "Let's cut them off at the source. I wanna quit the bank!" Good luck at the gym.

Tammy said...

I love our gym membership--and Sophie has fun in the childcare section! It's like my little retreat away from home. It almost makes the actual work bearable!

Camille said...

Yahoo! That sounds like a great new year's resolution... lookin' fine in '09. My goal is to gain weight. :)