CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

All Things Pink!

We had our ultrasound last Friday, and we are having 2 girls!  I was sure that we were having a boy and a girl, so I was quite shocked to find out it was two girls.  I knew that Chloe was a girl and Mitchell was a boy long before any ultra sound told me.  But I was wrong this time.  I was  shocked, but not disappointed!  We are very excited and I can't wait to start shopping for my two new little princesses.

Everything in the ultrasound looked good- two healthy, active little girls.  It was determined at our last ultrasound that they are fraternal, and they each are in their own sack separated by a membrane strip.  In the ultrasound, we got to see them interact with each other and at one point, they both reached their hands out and touched hands against the membrane.  It was very sweet.  Although they cannot have skin to skin contact during the pregnancy, they are still trying to touch each other and play together.

Here's to 2 more prom dresses, 2 more sets of hair to style every day, 2 more weddings to pay for (the first thing Ben thought of) and 2 more emotionally charged girls to bring joy into our home!  And here's to making sure our lone little man, Mitch, is all man! :)

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Carrie-
You're going to have to nip the hand holding and thumb sucking in the butt to make sure Mitch is all man. I don't know many manly men that do either(just kidding!) I'm excited for 2 little girls.....If I only have boys would you consider a trade for one of your girls?(and I'm not kidding this time!)
Congrats

Foust Family said...

Yay! That's awesome, congrats!!!!

Megan said...

i'm excited! think of all the cute matching outfits and hair bows.

Camille said...

We are thrilled for you!!

TaylorClan said...

Another matching set-hooray! It will be easier to have them share a room that way. I have heard with a boy and a girl it can be traumatizing when they have to split up, so yahoo for two girls!

Rachael said...

We're so excited for you! Mitchell is going to be well cared for with all of these sisters! It is going to be so cute to see Meredith's boys and your soon to arrive red headed girls together!!! Congratulations!!!

The Moore Family said...

Congrats to you guys!! I for sure thought it would be a boy and a girl too! But it will be so fun to do the matching dresses and all that fun stuff!!! And I know Aaron's first reaction would be the expense with weddings too!! Mitch and Ben will have to join forces cuz they are definitely out numbered now!! I'm glad everything is good and the baby girls are happy and healthy!! Hang in there!!

Tara said...

Any combination would have been great but I'm so excited for two new princesses. The shopping really will be more fun for girls.

Congratulations! This is such an exciting time for your family.

karla said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Hey-when do we get to see the pics of Hawaii? It's been forever....come on!

melissa said...

my dad said the same thing about the prom dresses and weddings when they found out too.. thats funny. good luck. i hope they are best friends. so excited for you.