CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Baby Update

While I have so much catching up to do on this blog, I am only going to share our latest baby update right now and save the rest for later (or never). Last week at my doctor's appointment, we set an induction date of Thursday October 8th to have the babies, if I didn't go into labor by myself before then. That would be the day I turned 38 weeks. We have been planning on that since then, with little hope or chance that it would happen before then, because apparently my children LOVE staying nice and warm inside me for a long as possible, even with twins!

Today at my doctor's appointment, the doc went to feel my stomach to feel the babies' positions and couldn't find Baby B's head, which is always up top (she has been transverse now for 5 or 6 weeks, at least, with little to no chance of changing position). He sent me down to ultrasound where they did a quick peek at the babies to check their position and sure enough, Baby B has somehow turned herself vertex and is head down, just like her sister. The doctor and ultrasound tech were both very surprised- babies do not switch positions this late in the game very often. Although surprising news, it was great news! Now they are both in position! (I have actually been secretly thinking all along with Baby B would eventually switch and go head down, even though I knew medically it didn't happen very often at this point in the pregnancy. Maybe it was merely secretly "hoping" on my part, but the thought never left my head- it may be just a little motherly intuition is what I'm thinking).

With this news in mind, the doc asked if I wanted to be induced tomorrow rather than Thursday. 2 days is not much difference for anything, but he was just thinking (as was I) that if Baby B could change positions this late into things, she could probably do it again anytime and get herself out of position by Thursday, or sooner. We just don't know! But the sooner we get this process going, the better chance that they will both be in position to reduce the chance that I would need a C-Section with Baby B.

So the plan right now is to go in tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. We are very excited to meet these little girls and I really can't wrap my mind around the fact that it will happen tomorrow! Wow. Now I have only a few hours to get all those last minute things done that I thought I had until Thursday to do! Wish us luck, and hopefully we will be able to post pictures and an update soon after they are born, if all goes well.

8 comments:

Camille said...

Wow Carrie, this is so exciting! Good luck. We'll pray that all goes well and I'll be checking for pictures.

Nicole said...

Yay yay yay! I am so excited for you! Best wishes for a fast safe delivery and two healthy baby girls! I will be checking for an update. Good Luck Carrie, I will be thinking about you tomorrow!

Amanda said...

Best of luck! Enjoy your last night of sound sleep for the next several months(although I'm sure you won't be sleeping much!) Can't wait to meet Little Amanda and Little Fay in a couple of weeks!

Love you,
Amanda

Amanda said...

PS-Where is the one last belly shot?

TaylorClan said...

i am so glad "b" turned@! what a relief. i am sure all will go smoothly, but we'll keep you in our prayers just for good measure. we can't wait to meet them!

Foust Family said...

Yay! Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see the little cuties! There's only one problem, the names. One can be Little Amanda, but the other is Little Mel! Sorry Amanda:( Hope all goes well!

Holly said...

Can't wait to meet these baby girls! Let us know what we can do to help out. Looking forward to an update - good luck!

Tara said...

Oh, I'm so excited! I'll be praying for you and waiting on pins and needles to see those pictures! Best wishes.