CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leah Jane and Alexis Grace

Leah Jane
5 lbs 12 oz, 18" long

Alexis Grace
6 lbs 13 oz, 19.25" long

What a wonderful day! Our little family just got a lot bigger. Leah and Alexis have finally arrived. Leah is on the left and Alexis on the right (I can tell them apart by their size). Leah is noticeably smaller.

I was a happy daddy having two healthy beautiful baby girls and a mom that did wonderful!
Chloe was very anxious to come see her new sisters. She is very happy to be a big sister and fills her role well.

Even Mitchell was happy yesterday. He came in to the hospital room saying "baby, baby" and proceeded to give each sister a kiss (unprompted, too!). After seeing his big sister Chloe hold Alexis he wanted a chance as well. Here he is "holding" Leah.

What an eventful day it was! The induction date was moved up two days when the Dr. had found that Alexis had miraculously switched position and had gone head down. However, by the time the process had begun Tuesday morning, Alexis had switched and was transverse, again! In the end, after the great efforts of the Dr. to rotate her after the first had been born naturally, Alexis Grace was borne via C-Section. Carrie has now had the unique experience of having both types of deliveries... at the same time!

Carrie handles it all very well. She did an excellent job and is doing very well as are both of the babies.

I, on the other hand.... was torn in three in the operating room trying to take care of everyone! So far, I am doing as well as can be expected!!! Just look at my family (and my smile)... How could I not be the happiest daddy in the world!


12 comments:

Holly said...

Congrats, Congrats! We are so excited to meet these sweet, teeny tiny little girls. Seeing Ben holding two little babies just blows my mind, but you of all couples will do awesome! Please let us know what we can do to help.

Van said...

What a beautiful family!!!! The babies are beautiful and Chloe and Mitchell look very grown up. We can't wait to see you all.

Van said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you. Way to go Carrie. Not many people can say they've had a 10 lb. baby, or carried twins, or had both types of deliveries at the same time. Way to make all the rest of us look like wimps.

Nicole said...

So Sweet! I am so happy for your family. Enjoy this new adventure!

twiddyfam said...

Congratulations, what a beautiful family.

Foust Family said...

Congrats! They are just beautiful! I'm glad all went well! I agree, Chloe and Mitch look very grown up! What a cute family! I hope you have a speedy recovery! Take it easy! (If you can!!!!)

Tara said...

Seriously gets me choked up. I'm so happy for the whole family. I can't wait to meet your two beautiful babies. Congrats!!

neilandamanda said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see and hold these two little girls. They definitely look like Andros children!

Katie said...

Congratulations! What an awesome family and amazing mommy!

The Blakeslee Family said...

It must be sleep deprivation that made Ben do it but I have to correct him: Alexis is on the right and Leah is on the left.

Very sweet babies and big brother and sister, too!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!! Love the pictures of your two new little girls. Chloe looks so grown up all of the sudden holding a baby. She's going to be such a great help. I am so happy for you guys.