CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Days 2 & 3

Sunday, July 3 was day 2 and I didn't get any pictures- probably because it was such a great, relaxing day and I was too lazy. We went to church with my parents in Burley, Idaho then came home and just played and relaxed all day. My parents have a gorgeous, BIG grassed back yard and we played out there in the sun most of the afternoon and evening. It was wonderful. The kids threw some balls and a frisbee around and played with my parents new pup Jimmer. We were glad to have a day off from traveling and carseats (and tears).

Day 3 was on Monday July 4, Independence Day. We all got up early to get showered and dressed and packed, then we headed off to Inkom, Idaho (about 12 miles south of Pocatello, ID) to meet my brother and his family for a 4th of July Parade. It was a little over an hour ride from Burley. Sadly, by the time we got to Inkom, the parade was just about to start and all the roads were being blocked off so we couldn't even meet up with my brother. We found a spot to stand and watch, though.

The Andros Family, Independence Day 2011

The whole crew, minus Ben- Grandma and Papa Blakeslee, Great Grandma Dewsnup and the Andros'

Lexi enjoying the view from Daddy's shoulders

Copy Cat Leah with Papa

The Inkom parade is dubbed "The Candy Parade" and they sure did throw a lot of candy. My kids loved collecting the candy being thrown at them and putting them in their bags. I enjoy seeing the floats and different animals and cars that come through parades, but the candy thrown at most parades is a disappointment. Bit of honey, salt water taffy, smarties and tootsie rolls. I'll get excited when they start throwing Reeses, Twix and Butterfingers. The kids were happy to eat a few pieces during the parade, but they weren't obsessed with it after it was over. The bag got put in the car and forgotten about and not a single piece eaten after the parade.

My little Red, White and Blue babes

Gramma D

I had two little rodeo queens on my hands- they loved waving at all the floats all morning long

Lexi waving with Grandma

After the parade, we headed back to Pocatello to my brother's house to spend a few hours with them. My 10 year old nephew Jace plays the violin and played a few songs for us for entertainment. I got some video of him, but no pictures, but got one of Lexi and Papa trying to play something.

My 3 year old nephew Tristan "played" us a little ditty while singing "Zippity Doo-Dah." It was hilarious.

After eating lunch there, we loaded back up in the cars, taking my brother's 2 oldest kids with us, and headed off to Logan, UT to my older sister's house. She and her husband and 6 week old baby boy were not home- they were in the hospital in SLC where my nephew has been most of his short 6 week life with bowel problems, enduring a few surgeries and receiving lots of medical care. But their oldest boy, 3 year old Carter was there and got to spend the evening with us at his own house.

We unloaded and then BBQ'd for dinner.

After dinner, Mitch and Carter played T-ball for at least an hour.

They each took 2 turns hitting, then 2 at bats played defense in the field.

Mitch, come to find out, is our power hitter. I'll be putting him in T-ball as soon as he's old enough.


Papa, the King of Baseball, helped Mitch with his batting stance

What a fun day and great evening. And what do you know? Matching outfits! Happy Independence Day from 2 of the cutest 3 year old boys I know!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I"m glad you're posting pictures of all the things I missed. We'll have to make up for it on next year's vacation.

TaylorClan said...

I love the pic of lexi in her stroller, john does the same thing with his arms!