CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back To School

We have all been anticipating the start of school this year. Chloe has been bored now for weeks (which means she follows me around all day long) and Mitch is excited for his first year of preschool.

We started off the Back To School madness with our school's "Open House" night last week.


We ate a pizza dinner before heading off to the open classroom portion of the night.

Chloe quickly found her desk, which was front and center. We had a whole checklist of things to do.


After she was done organizing her desk and supplies, she sat down in her new desk.

And by front and center, this is what I mean- her desk is touching the teacher's desk and she is smack dab in the middle. It will be good for her!

We then found her locker (I didn't get a locker until 7th grade!) and all the kids had fun opening it and closing it.

We quickly snagged a picture with Chloe's teacher, Mrs. Torres-Pintos. She seems to have a fun personality and is very outgoing.

Finally, the first day came! We thought it might never come. Chloe was up at her usual 6:00 and was dressed and ready in minutes. While I was in the shower, she even got the babies up and fed them breakfast.

A group shot before we walked to school. It was a beautiful morning and it was fun to walk.

We got another group shot just outside her classroom. She was not hesitant to leave me at all.

In she goes. I was so excited for her. She loves school and Chloe is the kind of person that needs to have something to look forward to every day. And having a schedule and something planned out for 7 hours straight is right up her alley. She loves knowing what the plan is. School provides all of that and she loves it. Instead of being emotional, I was purely happy for her.
One more quick picture. I kept sneaking peaks of her- she was ready for school and I was ready for her to be at school again, but there is something about dropping off your first baby and leaving her all day.

The rest of us headed home and made some yummy zucchini bars. The kids licked the bowls. The babies kept begging for more "cake." We had such a fun morning. It is new to not have Chloe around at all, and it was fun to give the other kids some attention.

In the afternoon, it was time to take Mitch to his first day of preschool. He had a hard time waiting all morning to go. At one point this morning he said "Mom, I cannot wait anymore to go to school."

His cool "Cars" backpack.

Up the steps into school. That's my baby boy.

This is the same preschool Chloe went to for 2 years, so Mitch knows his way around. He hung up his backpack quickly and knew just what to do.

His teacher showed him where to put his school box.

Miss Cindy is the BEST preschool teacher. We love her.

Mitchell wasted no time finding his good buddy Jacob and they started playing with the toys immediately.

He had no hesitation about staying there without me. He was sweet and gave each of the girls a goodbye hug.

And kiss.

On the way home from dropping him off, I turned around to see my two babies holding hands. They have been doing this a lot lately when they are in the car. I can't help but think how sweet it will be when the two of them get to go off to school together. They will get to do most everything together. I'm just glad it won't be for a few more years. I still need some babies.

It's just me with these two sweet girls 2 times a week for 2.5 hours. And they should nap for most of that time. Can anyone say "Free time for mom?" Ahhh...

Everyone's first days went was a success. Besides a small mix up on where I was meeting Chloe after school, it was a great day. Mitchell was very excited to show me the cut out he made of himself at preschool. He kept showing it to all of us saying "It has hair and clothes... it's Mitchell Benjamin!"


3 comments:

Holly said...

So glad for you and your kiddos, but I gotta say this post made me sad. Pizza dinner at back to school night, walking the kids to school on their first day, and then Mitchell running into the fabulous Miss Cindy's and playing with Jacob. I guess it's too much to ask that you guys not move on with out us?

TaylorClan said...

2.5 hours alone, blessed day:) I bet you enjoyed it as much as the kids did!

Amanda said...

I can't believe she's old enough for first grade! I could see Chloe being a teacher someday; a good one at that. Love Mitchell's backpack and his fake smile at the end. Enjoy your free time. I'm pretty sure that is the real reason people do preschool!