CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Santa Visit

2 days after we moved in to our house, it was time for our annual visit with Santa at our neighbor's community center.  The kids get donuts and juice while they wait in line to see the big guy.


As we were waiting in line, happily munching on donuts, Alexis spotted Santa through the double-sided fireplace.

There he is!

When it was our turn, Lexi walked up to Santa with no hesitation at all. 



Getting Leah to join her was the tricky part.  Leah was very, very hesitant and became a little grumpy.  But no tears!  I was happy about that.  


We finally convinced her to stand next to him- she did NOT want to sit on his lap.  Lexi, playing her part well as the "good twin" that day, happily smiled.  Leah did force a smile- I was very proud of her.

It was marked improvement from last year's Santa visit... I had forgotten about this until I looked back at the pictures.


I love pictures of kids with Santa.  It's one of my favorite things about Christmas.


Family shot!


After all the posed pictures were done, Mitch had some business to take care of with Santa.  He told him what he wanted for Christmas (which was what he wanted for his birthday a few months ago as well.  I apparently missed the memo).  He asked for the game "Hungry Hungry Hippos."


Lexi wanted a second turn talking to Santa.  I think she just asked him for a candy cane.  I love the sweet innocence of this age.


I don't know how, but Leah worked up the courage to sit on Santa's lap (with lots of coaxing from Santa himself.  I think he actually is the one who pulled her up on his lap).  She did not want to make eye contact with him.


 He knew she was very, very nervous and he kept teasing her and coaxing her to look at him and talk to him.  He finally got a genuine smile out of her (albeit a nervous smile).


 Chloe was last.  I honestly don't even know what she told Santa she wanted.  He has disappointed her for the last 2 years with his failure to bring her a Barbie Dream house (for a girl that doesn't play with Barbies).  We'll see what he has up his sleeve this year.


1 comments:

Amanda said...

Don't keep us in suspense....is Santa finally bringing the Barbie Dream house?!? I too love pics with Santa. And I love the crying ones the most. There I said it!