CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Cavity Bug

Today was Chloe's second trip to the dentist, this time to get her cavity filled. I was kind of nervous for her- I didn't know how she'd react. I don't mind the dentist myself, but it can sometimes be uncomfortable, so we weren't sure how she would do.

I don't know why I worry anymore- Chloe has been an angel at all of her 3 year old doctor and dentist appointments, and today was no exception. She sat in the chair and hardly moved a muscle. She didn't speak unless spoken to (which is rare...), opened her mouth big and wide when asked, and did not even flinch when she got pinched with the needle of numbing juice. I don't know if they also slipped her a sedative, but even I usually blink an eye when that needle pinches because it kind of hurts! She was virtually perfect. She started to twitch a little bit when the dentist started to drill, but she never once complained and stayed calm and still the entire time.

She was such a big girl that she was able to pick a prize out of Dr. Paul's special prize basket. His wife had just refilled the basket with all sorts of neat toys and games, including pretty rings and sunglasses, but, again, Chloe went straight for the sucker (sugar free, course). I tried to get her to hold off eating it until her mouth wasn't numb, but she was too excited and I couldn't say no after she had been such a good girl. She was only allowed to take licks and sucks so she wouldn't bite her numb lip and cheek. I asked her to smile while her mouth was still numb and the half, crooked smile was so cute that I had to post it. We have such a good little girl who is so brave! Ben and I decided we want to move to the dentists office because Chloe is so well behaved there. If she was as obedient and submissive at home as she is at the doctor's and dentist's offices, we'd have the perfect child all year round!


Cheese!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

That smile is too cute! Sounds like a fun dentist. I wish I could get a prize when I go!

Tara said...

Way to go, Chloe! I knew she'd do great.

Love the crooked smile!

I'm with Tammy, why don't we get prizes? I think the dentist bothers me more than my kids.

bethany said...

go Chloe! I wish I was that brave. I also went to the dentist today & had my cavities filled, but I'm afraid I was not that calm or still. Way to go!!!
bethany

The Moore Family said...

Chloe is better than me! I hate the dentist!! What a tuff girl ya got! Give that girl a raise!

Camille said...

That smile is great!

Van said...

Chloe,
What a brave girl you are! And you have a beatiful smile. We love you!
Nana and Papa

Megan said...

So, I posted a comment to your blog last night. . .but apparently it didn't take! Who knew? I'm looking and wondering where did my comment go?!
Love Chloe's smile. It made me giggle! Glad you had dad for a whole day!

TaylorClan said...

So sweet, it makes me not dread William's first trip to the dentist so much. Good for Chloe. Even Dave hates going to the dentist!