CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Love

Well, I'm having a sad day- it's Valentine's Day and the kids and I are in Idaho, away from my love (and their Daddy) on Valentine's Day. Chloe had a cute Valentine's shirt today with really cute hair and I got cute pictures of the kids with plans to post them on the blog for Ben to see to wish him a happy V-Day and tell him that we love him.....but, sadly, we left home without the proper equipment to transfer our pictures to my parent's computer. So while this won't make up for it, here's a small Happy Valentine's info about us.

What is his name? Benjamin Elia, but I call him Ben or Benj (when I was in Young Women's I referred to him as Brother Andros to the girl's and he did not like that- says it makes him sound old!)

How long have you been together? Just over 5 years since we've met and we'll celebrate 5 years of marriage this summer!

How long did you date? about 7 months

How old is he? The BIG 30!

Who eats more? Sadly, I can't really say that he eats more than me all the time. I definitely hold my own, especially in the ice cream department (he's not a big ice cream guy).

Who said I love you first? Ben did, on a day fishing trip when I went up to meet his parents.

Who is taller? Ben is.

Who can sing better? Ben would say I am without hesitating, but that doesn't mean I'm good. But he did sing in our Kent ward's choir (but only because I was the choir pianist) and he got many compliments on his voice.

Who is smarter? We have our areas- Ben has the money and business smarts, along with anything electronic, while I bring up the rear in child development areas and English/grammar (I proof read and edit all of his college papers).

Who does the laundry? I do.

Who pays the bills? Depends on the month- we both do, but it is Ben who has us very organized in our money management and bill payment schedule, although we put off paying bills until the last minute.

Who sleeps in the right side? If you're standing at the bottom of the bed, Ben sleeps on the right side.

Who mows the lawn? Ben does and loves it! He wishes we had a bigger lawn so he could mow more grass!

Who cooks dinner? I do because I'm home all day, but it was Ben who wooed me in college with his fantastic special chicken and veggie dish. He is great to whip up something for us if I'm sick or gone.

Who is more stubborn? Me, definitely.

Who kissed who first? Ben did for sure....I was only 18 and wanted nothing to do with an "old" 25 year old.

Who asked who out first? Funny story- Ben kept telling friends and family that we weren't dating, so it was probably a shock to everyone when we got engaged because we never dated! But Ben asked me out first, even if he wouldn't admit at the time that it was a "date." (He was embarassed to say he was dating an 18 year old!)

Who proposed? He did, on a baseball field in Burley, Idaho. It was very romantic! He brought red and white roses, and a framed picture of my favorite temple, which we later got married in (Salt Lake).

Who has more friends? I would say Ben- he has a few friends from high school and college who live here, but I keep in touch with more friends than he does.

Who is more sensitive? It depends, but Ben is so sweet and very sensitive to me, especially if I've had a bad day. He'll come home from work, take the kids, do dinner and even run out and buy me a treat if needed. He always knows just what to do. I'm not as smooth.

Who has more siblings? He has 5, I have 4.

Who wears the pants? He would say me, and I guess I would probably agree, but I let him wear them whenever he asks! :)

We love you Ben and miss you lots! Have a great Valentines Day! Sorry we couldn't post our pictures, but Chloe signed "I love you" and "Dad" in her pictures and Mitch gave some big grins.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm glad to hear you finally admit that you "dated"! Hah! I knew it all along.
I'll never forget Valentine's day 5 years ago,when Ben came and stayed with KC and I and he kept talking about a Cruiser and a neighbor girl that he sent orange roses to! Just a friend. . .
i'm glad that you were more than a friend, we LOVE Aunt Carrie

Tara said...

That was fun to read. How sad that you are apart on Valentine's.

The Moore Family said...

Hey! Are you visiting for Steve's homecoming?? My mom mentioned that your parents went to pick up ole' Steve! That was a quick 2 years. How long are you guys staying? Well have fun! To bad you couldn't bring Ben with ya! But that was fun reading!

TaylorClan said...

Somehow, I never knew how Ben proposed. You would think that we all would have known about it, because we all knew about the orange roses and the "perfect girl for Nick"
We're glad you were the perfect girl for Ben even at 18!