CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Adventures, Part II

Next, we headed off to Yellowstone with my entire family- my parents, 4 siblings and all their kids, and my Grandma.

On the way to Yellowstone, we stopped for lunch near Rexburg to go to Big Jud's. Since I never attended Ricks/BYU-Idaho, I have never eaten there and wanted to experience this place for myself.



Ben, the kids and I shared a Big Jud's special and boy was it BIG!


The burger was almost the same size as my ever expanding belly.....

After our burgers, we all split a Hungry Heifer. This is a giant trough (a large dog bowl, actually) filled with 12 different scoops of ice cream, whip cream and toppings. It was amazing..... Between the 8 of us, we just about licked the bowl clean.


We then spent 4 days in Yellowstone. We went on lots of hikes, did LOTS of driving through the park and spotted lots of animals. It was beautiful.


Papa brought up 4-wheelers and the kids LOVED that.

Aunt Amanda even taught Chloe how to drive one!


Ben had a few opportunities to fish in Yellowstone and was in heaven! Brad Paisley's Fishing Song "I'm Gonna Miss Her" is Ben's theme song- if there were ever one thing he would leave me for, it would be fishing..... :)


All of the Blakeslee grandkids in front of our cabin with Grandma and Papa.


We saw (and smelled) lots of stinky geysers. The older kids would loudly exclaim just how smelly they were at any opportunity.

We found a warm river (heated by the natural hot springs) and had a great swim.

We had a great time in Yellowstone!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Dear Chloe,
You are a really good driver and it was fun riding with you on the 4-wheelers. You are really good at going fast and hitting all the big bumps. I bet your mom and dad will want to buy a 4-wheeler for you for your birthday!
Love,
Aunt Amanda