CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Why We Have 2 Ears

A conversation that took place in our house this morning:

My sister called me on the phone and as I was talking to her, Chloe kept trying to interrupt and ask me question after question. She was being loud and persistent enough that I had to keep interrupting my phone conversation to tell her to be quiet and wait until I was off the phone. After I hung up the phone, this is what took place:

Me: "Chloe, you know the rule: when I'm on the phone, you cannot talk to me. I can't hear both you and the other person on the phone at the same time."

Chloe: "Yes you can, Mom, that's why you have 2 ears!"

No wonder she has never obeyed that rule! Duh!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Classic Chloe moment! Next time I will call and talk to Chloe and you can talk in her other ear. Ahh-I miss Chloe

Katie said...

That is hilarious! Kids are so practical yet so not at the same time. She does have a good point.

Tammy said...

How cute! That's definitely a journal entry!