CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chloe's Soccer Season

I was a little nervous for soccer season this year. October was an extremely busy month for Ben at work, with a few personal activities planned for him as well, so I knew I would be doing a majority of the soccer practices and games alone. We started off the season with 2 practices a week from 6:30-7:30 p.m. I was already not loving that from the start- does her coach not know that the Andros children are in bed by 6:00 p.m.?? (I know, I know, welcome to the real world). In the beginning, I dreaded taking all 4 of them out past their bedtime but fortunately, my kids all loved soccer practices. The 3 non-soccer players would each bring a ball of some sort and play happily the entire hour with little to no help from me.

Ben captured this awesome picture one night at practice. If that isn't a shot worthy of advertisement for the World Cup, I don't know what is!

Chloe's first game was the last weekend in September and it was a hot, Friday evening. The other team only had 3 players, so Chloe's team split up and wore the other team's jerseys (blue) and scrimmaged against each other.

It's crazy to look back at these pictures taken just one month ago and see all of us in shorts and Chloe with a bright red, heat exhausted face. (It is now in the mid 30's when we wake up in the morning).

Funny enough, the first game was the only game the twins attended. Ben made it to half the games and 2 of the 3 he made it to were during the girls' naptime, so he took Chloe and Mitch to the game and I stayed home with the babies. The ones where Ben was out of town, the babies stayed home with Grandma Cynde. They enjoyed that much more (she spoils them) and I was much better able to enjoy watching Chloe play rather than chasing babies.

Her last game was just this past weekend. I put this picture on because I thought it was quite comical how much taller Chloe is than the girl right in front of her. Her age group is kindergarten and first graders. Chloe looks like a 5th grader compared to that girl!

Chloe had such a great season. Being competitive and a sports lover myself, I always want her to be better and more aggressive and hustle just a little more, but she really did a great job. She had a number of games where she scored most of the goals.


Mitch isn't much into watching sports yet. Here he is at the last game, playing on the baseball field. He entertained himself with a ball, some rocks and lots of dirt. I love that he can self entertain- he is the best one in the family at that.


The whole team! They were a cute bunch of girls with some really great players. Her coaches were amazing. They were super organized and really encouraging, all while really pushing the girls to pay attention, be aggressive and learn more. All of the hard work they put in and all the time sacrificed to coach the girls is admirable.

After the last game, the team all met up at Round Table Pizza for a pizza party. The coach gave each girl an award/certificate. What a great season!

4 comments:

Bri said...

This looks so fun! I am a little nervous about putting Olivia in sports...what if she's not good? I don't think we'll be able to handle it...luckily, it looks like Chloe is off to a great start!

Amanda said...

Make sure and teach Chloe how to use her size to her advantage! I'm glad she enjoyed soccer and sports in general. Now you've got to get her into softball

CharityB said...

So fun! Jace loves soccer as well. Paige has NO interest in sports, so I'm glad she loves dance so much. I was hoping Chloe being in piano would make Paige want to start, but no such luck. lol

The Blakeslee Family said...

Yeah Chloe! And lets not forget about basketball. That's my favorite spectator sport because you never have to worry about being too hot or too cold. You can just enjoy the game. I see Chloe as a great post.