CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 16, 2013

Date Night

I stole an idea from a friend- she always takes her girls out on a "girl's night" before a new baby is born.  Now that I have girls big enough to enjoy a night out, I decided we needed a girl's night out before our new baby came.  I even stole my friend's idea on what to do, as well- pedicures!  My toes needed a fresh coat of paint and I really like them looking nice for delivery- the rest of your doesn't look/feel great right before or after delivery, so the least I can do is have nice looking toes.  All my girls LOVE having their nails painted, so I knew it was the perfect outing for all of us.

The little salon we went to has two cute little kiddie chairs that were perfect for the twins.  They did have to scoot all the way to the end of the chair to get their feet to rest in the water, but it worked great.

Chloe got to sit in a big girl chair like me!

The BIG mama

The girl's loved being pampered.

The twins were so cute about it- when Leah was getting her toes painted by the worker, Lexi could not keep from smiling, constantly.  She kept whispering to Leah, "What does it feel like?"  She was so glad when it was her turn and loved every minute of it.  Leah was very chill, acting as if she had had professional pedicures for years. :)

The best shot I could get of all the finished toes.  We all got flowers on our big toes.  Chloe was especially excited about that.

The evening was topped off with blizzards at Dairy Queen!  If there is one thing all my children can agree on, it's eating ice cream and lots of it.  What a fun night we had!

Not to be outdone, the boys went on a "man date."  Man dates are Mitchell's absolute joy in life and he begs Ben for them often.  This night, they went to a nearby park to play baseball together (Mitch's current obsession), and then to iHop afterwards to eat.  My little boy has grown into a man sized eater these past few months.  He can eat more than I can on some occasions.  Ben said he poured every single kind of syrup offered on his pancake, and ate it all!

We all met up after our "dates" to stop by Grandma Cynde's together and wish her a Happy Birthday!


I won't announce how old she is (and she really doesn't look a day over 40), but she is our favorite Cynde!  We love this birthday girl!  She is so good to our family and the kids just adore her.  So do I, to be honest.  What a wonderful friend she is to me and our entire family.  Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady and fantastic grandma!


1 comments:

Amanda said...

I love this idea. And all the girls look so cute in their chairs. I'm a lite jealous I wasn't invited:). I'm glad Mitchell got a man date as well.