CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Olivia's Blessing Day

Our little Olivia Morgan was blessed on Sunday October 13, 2013.  What a wonderfully special day it was for our family.

We prepared for the weekend by cleaning!  The kids didn't have school on the Friday before the blessing, so I put them to good use!

Mitch volunteered to mop the kitchen.  He made one good looking mopper with his pj's and his dad's Crocs on.  But boy did he do a great job.  My kids love to mop the floor and usually fight over who gets to do it.  I love having kids old enough to really be able to do chores that are helpful.  

Since Mitch called mopping first, that left Chloe with vacuuming.  They kind of enjoy that chore as well!

Our guests arrived later that afternoon- Ben's parents, and then his sister Bethany came the next day. 


Ben's sister Meredith sent a gift with his mom- in the package was this beautiful purple sweater and adorable hat, both hand knitted by Meredith.  She has knit something similar for all of my babies and it is one of my favorite things that all of my babies have.  She does such great work.

After dinner that evening, we headed out to furniture shop.  Well, furniture browse.  I'm in the market for new couches and we are just starting the processing of looking.

Lexi wanted to push Olivia's stroller, even though she couldn't see over the top of it.


Beth arrived on Saturday morning and got to meet Olivia for the first time.

We did more furniture shopping that afternoon and Aunt Bethany was more than willing to haul Olivia around when she got fussy in her stroller.

Sunday was the blessing day.  It was such a wonderful, special day.  There's nothing sweeter than a beautiful baby all in white, receiving a blessing by priesthood power by a worthy priesthood holder. 

I love, love, love Olivia's blessing dress.  Ben's mom buys all her grandkids' blessing outfits.  I found this beauty online and fell in love with it and just had to have it.

A beautiful girl in a beautiful dress.

We were so glad that Nana and Papa Andros could be here for her special day.

Our family of 7!


We were so glad Aunt Bethany could be here too.  She is seriously the best aunt ever.  She spends so much time with her nieces and nephews, any chance she can get.  Every time we are with her she is constantly carrying at least one kid around and entertaining 4 or 5 others.  She takes her nieces and nephews out to movies, dinner, and takes them shopping.  She invites them over for sleepovers and spoils them rotten.  I told her just recently that the best gift she gives my kids is her time.  We love Bethany!

Miss O and her sweet Dad.

My two beautiful red headed girls.  Can I just say again how awesome of a helper Chloe is?  She is seriously like a second mom.  Ben used to call his grandma "Two Mom."  I think we will call Chloe "Two Mom" too.

We are so blessed to call all 5 of these sweethearts ours!

If there is anyone who can handle having 4 sisters, it's this boy.

My favorite picture of the day!

It's hard to be little and cute!

Olivia's blessing was beautiful.  One of the things said in her blessing was that she would have a desire to follow the Savior and seek out and follow His example.

We can't wait to watch this sweet spirit grow and learn and follow the Savior.  We are blessed to be given the opportunity to raise her on this earth and be her parents.  She is such a joy to our family!


2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think her dress is one of the prettiest I've seen! And please send Mitchell and Chloe to my house to clean and babysit. This post motivated me to make carter do more!

The Blakeslee Family said...

Olivia is a beautiful baby. Actually the whole family is beautiful. I'm happy to have another sweet redhead in the family.