CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

One Pup, Two Pups, Three Pups, Twelve Pups

Daisy had her pups! We knew it was coming any day, and Sunday was the BIG day. And when I saw big, I mean big..... Ben knew Saturday night that she was getting close, so he checked on her early Sunday morning around 4:00 a.m. and no pups yet. The next time he went down to check on her at 8:00 a.m. she had already had 3 pups! To make a long story short, we had 10 pups by the end of the afternoon. We thought for sure that she was done and went inside to eat dinner. We went back out a few hours later and one of our friends' kids, who was over, said, "Hey, look, another one is coming!" Sure enough, she had another pup, which we thought was #11. Ben did a quick head count only to discover that there were 12 pups in the box! We had entirely missed one of the pups being born! So, all in all, she had 12 pups, all healthy and all very, very cute. 7 of them are black, the other 5 chocolate. 4 males and 8 females. For those of you who live close enough to visit, feel free to stop by anytime! We have pups for your (and your kids') enjoyment! :)

Here is Daisy with her 12 new babies- what a trooper! (I'm so glad I don't have 12 kids at a time. Then again, it may be worth it if I were only pregnant for 60 days, like dogs, instead of 9 months).

Chloe was Ben's big helper- she was there for the whole labor and delivery! Here she is, in the birthing box, with the first 3 pups that were born. She loved every minute of it!

She loves holding the pups too and wanted to hold a new one every few minutes. Good thing she has 12 to choose from!

Chloe is very sweet with the pups and tries to be a good second mom to them. She thinks she knows just what they need and when they need it!
I was pregnant with Mitchell last time we had pups, so this was his first experience with them. As you can see, he is very at ease with them and shows no hostility or envy towards them!

Here he is, imitating a puppy face....
I know what he's thinking here...."Mom, can I keep him?"
And to that I say, "Yes, for 8 weeks."

7 comments:

Megan said...

oh boy. . .and girl! that looks like tons of fun. stella would be jealous, maybe i shouldnt tell, or maybe we should come visit.
by the way, she thinks carrie and chloe are coming to her birthday party. . .

Van said...

Wow! Daisy really out did herself this time! Mitchell and Chloe are way cuter than the puppies, though!

TaylorClan said...

I didn't even know that Daisy was expecting another litter! I guess I'm just oblivious. they are darling. I am actually glad I'm not there to visit, or I might get soft...and Dave wouldn't be very happy if I brought a puppy home!

Tara said...

How exciting! Love the pictures of your kids with those cute little pups. I'll for sure have to bring my kids by. They would all love to see them and I think Caleb would especially enjoy it.

The Blakeslee Family said...

Lucky for you, the kids are still cuter than the dogs. We better keep Catherine away. I still don't think Dad would allow a dog that big here. Why don't you give me one for Mother's Day?

Tammy said...

How adorable! Sophie's sitting on my lap and is more interested in "baby" (Mitchell) than the "woof woof" (doggies.)

I think they are all adorable--both kids and pups! Congratulations and good luck finding new homes for them. At least you're not pregnant this time!

Camille said...

Those pups are soooo adorable. How fun for your kids, and for you. (for 8 weeks right)