CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Funny

My mom sent a cute St. Patrick's Day card for Chloe yesterday, but we didn't get the mail until after she was in bed for the night, so she didn't get to open the card until today. Inside the card was 2, crisp $1 bills. Chloe was so excited and, upon opening the card and finding the money, said, "Oh wow, 200 bucks!!" She has been really into money lately and is just starting to understand the concept of it, although I think the main reason she likes it is because Mom and Dad have it and if we have it, it must be pretty neat. She also knows that "cash" is a fantastic thing in our house because Ben and I rarely have it (we just don't carry it very often), so when either of us have some, we are so excited about it. Lately, she has been on "cash hunts" and has been getting into my and Ben's wallets when we aren't around to find any bills that we might have. Anyway, seeing that Grandma and Papa had sent money, she said this morning, "Now I have 2 cashes!" She then turned to me and happily pronounced, "Now I won't have to get into yours, Mom!" Who knew that $2 would make a 3 year-old's day? Thanks Grandma and Papa- Chloe loved it, and Ben and I loved it too- now we don't have to worry about our cash getting stolen! :)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I wish Mom and Dad would send me 2 bucks every once in awhile!

Van said...

I remember when Ben was little we used to give him pennies or quarters once in a while and he thought it was a big deal. Then one day he said "no thanks, I want green money" We knew we were in trouble then.

Foust Family said...

I remember when I used to give Carrie pennies and she thought it was a big deal!!! (Remember Jamba Juice!?!?) Chloe is a doll! It's fun to see the things that kids get a kick out of!

TaylorClan said...

Chloe is a crackup. I hope William never finds out what money is, which shouldn't be hard since dave and i have so little:) Give Chloe and Mitchell kisses from us, they are so adorable.

TaylorClan said...

By the way, we LOVED the Easter card you sent. Cute picture and cute idea. You are so creative.

The Blakeslee Family said...

Yeah, I wish 2 bucks kept Catherine happy, too. I'm glad Chloe liked it and hope Mitchell didn't feel bad that he didn't get any. Next year, maybe. Did you give him green milk?