CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Spring Recap

Ok, so I have been a terrible blogger lately, I'll admit it.  We have had a busy Spring, with a lot going on and since I've gotten behind on posting, I'm just going to do a recap of our Spring events thus far.

We started off Spring with a snow shower.  Here is my back yard, my beautiful flowers snow covered.


But just 3 weeks later, it was close to 80 degrees.  Chloe had a blast running through the sprinklers in our back yard.  And yes, she does have a swimsuit on- it just happens to blend into her very white (and delightsome) legs.
At the end of March, Ben and I went to our first ever Seattle Supersonics basketball game.  We have lived here for almost 5 years and have went to numerous Mariners games, but never a Sonics game.  We thought we'd better do it this year, as it will probably be the last year the Sonics will play here in Seattle.  A move to Oklahoma City is still pending.


Seattle played the Charlotte Bobcats and lost by 3, but it was still a really fun game and we had great seats.  Too bad Seattle had such a lousy year.  (I knew we should have lived in Utah.... Go Jazz!!!)  Now our goal is to go to an NFL game in our lifetime.  Come on Monday or Thursday night games!

For Conference weekend, we went to Tri-Cities to visit Ben's parents and his sister's family.  We gave Ben's parents a chocolate fountain for Christmas and we broke it in while we were there.  We spent the whole weekend dipping EVERYTHING in sight in chocolate.  It was amazing.
And a little messy.....


The kids found a stray kitty and loved feeding it.
Mitchell and cousin Sam got reacquainted and had a great time together.
Mitchell also found Uncle Marcus' Nike headband and felt like a stud in it.  Here he is with his game face on.

The second week in April, my mom and older sister came up for a visit.  We had a wonderful visit with them and were so glad they came.  I can't tell who is cuter- the kids or the pups?

Chloe has just recently taken to playing the piano and loving it.  Of course, she prefers to play when Mitchell is napping, but she's getting better about it.  I will often come downstairs to hear her talking to a pretend class, teaching them a lesson through a song she is "playing" on the piano.
She only likes to play out of my Primary Children's hymn book and even knows what page her favorite songs are on.

On 4/24 I turned 24!  Chloe was almost more excited to celebrate my birthday than I was.  I've always wanted (dreamed of) having an ice cream cake for my birthday, and this year I got it!  If anyone knows me, they know I am obsessed (no, addicted) to ice cream.  So an ice cream cake was PERFECT for me.  I think we may have to make it a yearly tradition.....:) Thanks Ben!  (And thanks to Chloe- I gave her hints to tell Ben that I wanted one and she did exactly that.)
Chloe does not share my obsession for ice cream and will rarely eat it (I often question if she is really my child due to this fact.  But I guess it's good in some ways- I never have to sneak ice cream around her because she never wants it!)  But she found the whip cream on the cake and loved that.

Mitchell desperately wanted a bite and I teased him by offering him some, but not really letting him.  Next year, buddy! 
Ben's manly strength was put to the test when he went to cut the cake... It was extremely frozen and hard and took some effort.  Thank goodness our wedding cake wasn't that hard to cut... but having an ice cream cake would have been great!  (Why didn't I think of that then??)
Chloe is almost 3 1/2 and her hair is getting so long.  There are so many things we can do with it now and she is usually pretty excited to get all done up and "pretty."

I loved this picture of the kids gazing into each other's eyes.  These 2 little people love each other so much and I love watching them together.

Chloe is the best big sister, but even when she's being a little stinker, Mitchell will always save a smile for her and hangs on her every word and movement.  I'm sure he can't wait to start being mobile so he can keep up with her.

At the end of April, Mitchell started using a sippy cup.  Here is his first attempt at using one.
Almost got it.....

Ahh... got it!

He has also just recently started sitting up for his baths rather than lying down.  This was taken on our first attempt at sitting up in the tub.  He is acting cool about it, but is secretly very pleased with himself.

"I told you I could do it Mom."

Ben bought the kids matching pj's a few weeks ago and Chloe was so excited about it.



Mitchell loves it too.

So although it has been a busy Spring, it has been very fun too.  Now we are just waiting for it to warm up!  HURRY Summer, hurry!

7 comments:

The Moore Family said...

Love the pictures! We had a little snowstorm here this morning!! I still haven't planted my flowers yet, I'm hoping to this weekend when we are suppose to have 80 degree weather.
Aaron and I hope to go to a NFL game someday too! So let us know when you guys want to go!! That will be to bad if the Sonics leave.
Oh man, dipping everything in sight in chocolate??! I'm jealous! I think my favorite would be strawberries and angel food cake.
I can't believe how long Chloe's hair is, and just how grown up she is. Her and Mitchell are to dang cute, especially when they are together.
Once again, very cute pictures and I'm glad to see you back in the blogging world!!! haha
Peace out sista'

Nicole said...

HI Carrie! Glad to have you back. Your kids a DARLING! They are both getting so big. Looks like you have had a good spring, we however haven't had spring yet. Cute kids, cute family, thanks for the update!!

TaylorClan said...

I LOVE the picture of Chloe and Mitch in their pjs. So fun!

Van said...

I'm glad you're back to posting. I love seeing pictures of the kids and what is going on at your house. We loved having you come visit.

Camille said...

Thanks for the great recap and all the fun pictures. I love those matching pj's.

Stephanie said...

Wow you covered a lot. Very impressive that Chole plays the piano, and I noticed last Sunday how long her hair has grown, did it happened over night?

NDA said...

Carrie you look like Amanda in the picture of you eating out of the fountain, eh?