CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

5 Fabulous Years

5 years of marriage celebrated today!  

5 fabulous things about our marriage:

1) Humor- Ben already had a wonderful sense of humor when we first got married, but I introduced him to the wonderful world of sarcasm and it's been a hit between the two of us ever since.  We love joking around with each other and humor gets us through the ups and downs of life, too.

Our Engagement Photo

2) Commitment- From day one, we have loved spending time together.  There's nobody else in the world we'd rather spend time with than each other. When we were first married, we both couldn't wait to get home from work and school to see each other.  We did everything together and always had a blast doing it.  Even now, 5 years later, I still can't wait for Ben to get home from work, just to see him.  We don't care what we are doing, as long as we're together.

3) Love- Each year of marriage has strengthened and deepened our love for each other.  Love truly does grow over time, and although we've learned a lot more about each other than we knew 5 years ago, we both love each other more today than 5 years ago.  Our love for each other has made us both better people.  Love is a many splendored thing- all you need is love!

4) It's fun!  I love being married!  Life is fun and I honestly do not think I have been bored once in the last 5 years.  Ben & I are not the most creative people in the world, but we sure do have a lot of fun together when we want to.  We have so many inside jokes, fun little games we play, and boy are we competitive with each other!  (I always win, but it's still fun! :)

5) Eternity- the most fabulous of all!  We get eternity to enjoy everything together, and I'm planning to enjoy every minute of it with my sweetheart (but you bet I'll be cracking jokes the whole way.....)


Here's to the best 5 years of my life with the best man any girl could ask for!

Happy Anniversary, Ben!  I love you!


9 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats!!!!!now, all you need is an anniversary get away :) I almost didn't recognize Ben in those photos because he had so much hair (hehehe)

TaylorClan said...

You both look so young in your wedding photos-well I guess you actually are young, but ben...Happy Anniversary!

Amanda said...

It still seems like yesterday that Ben was robbing the cradle.....and taking my best friend away from me. But don't worry, I've gotten over it and I don't hold a grudge. Congrats!
(I hope you know I'm joking and that I never really did have a grudge!)

Brunson's said...

Congrats! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

Mrs. Foust said...

Happy 5th anniversary!! It really does seem like yesterday that we had such good times in Lynwood! Do you guys remember playing Cranium and Van Gogh?!?! Good times!! Congrats on 5 years and 2 beautiful children!!

The Moore Family said...

You guys are such a cute couple!! Hope you had an excellent anniversary and SARCASM is a must in life and relationships, I'm glad you introduced that beautiful thing to Ben and your relationship.

Camille said...

Happy Anniversary! Love those wedding photos.

Tara said...

That was so sweet. I love seeing your wedding pictures.

You were mistaken on one thing though; I got the best man any girl could ask for. :) But really, I'm so happy for you because a strong marriage is truly the best blessing anyone could have.

Happy Anniversary!

NDA said...

ok, the picture after #3... really beautiful. except the part where Ben puts his man-hand on your neck... It kind of reminds me of The Princess Bride with the Giant and what not.

p.s. Ben your hair line isn't really any different, you just cut your hair shorter..."Short and sexy" and quite frankly I don't know if you can get any more "sexy", eh?