CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day 14

Day 14 started with a morning trip to the doctor's office. We have always said that it's not a trip to Burley without a visit to the doctor or ER. We almost never don't do one or the other.

Leah had been running a fever the night before and woke up still feeling and sounding awful. Chloe was complaining of a sore throat, which is never a good sign. Since I knew I'd be traveling home tomorrow, I thought it better to be safe than sorry and take the two sick kids in.

Both girls got swabbed for Strep. Chloe's came back positive and Leah's negative. The doctor decided to treat both of them since they both had symptoms and Leah would likely get it anyway.

While I was paying the bill on the way out, Leah found this little play house in the lobby and ran in and out of it repeatedly, happy as a clam. Chloe joined her. The receptionist commented how funny it was that both girls were acting so happy despite having strep throat. Go figure.

In the afternoon, Chloe helped my mom finish some special projects for her siblings. Mom helped her sew a Yankee pillowcase for Mitch, and baby doll blankets for the twins and herself.

Mitch helped my dad mow the lawn. He loves doing that and was very sad when it started to rain half way through the job and they had to stop.

In the evening, we headed to my mom's company (local hospital) picnic at a nearby pond. We have gone 3 years in a row now- the company always plans it on the weekend that we are in town.

The kids love the little kiddie train that takes them for a ride all around the pond and grass area. Leah was too scared to ride alone so I rode with her. It went fast enough and jerked enough for me, as an adult, that I was glad I was there and that Lexi was riding next to Mitch.

A great BBQ dinner with lots of yummy desserts

I came home and put the babies and Mitchell to bed. Chloe was begging to stay up and help me pack and I decided to let her. She helped in whatever way she could.

She and Grandma got out the paraffin wax and had a little salon night, dipping their hands in it.

Ooh la la!

Packing up only means one thing... the vacation is over! My least favorite part.

0 comments: